okay i made the gooiest, most decadent, delicious, chocolatey,
unbelievably tasty, paleo brownies. i know what you’re thinking:
how can a paleo brownie be all of these things?!?! just trust me;
make these brownies, and you’ll see what i’m talking about.
-3/4 cup finely ground almond flour
-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-pinch of salt
-approx 8 oz. medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
-2 tablespoons brewed coffee
-1 tsp vanilla
for the ganache:
-2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. combine almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a food
processor [i used the ninja express chop]. just pulse a few times so
the dry ingredients come together.
2. remove dates from hot water, remove their pits, and add them to
the food processor 4-5 at a time, blending them up in between.
3. once it’s almost looking like a dough, add the coffee & vanilla
4. blend until mixture comes together as a dough. [you may need to
add more dates or coffee if it’s too dry, more cocoa if it’s not
chocolatey enough, etc etc.]
5. once the dough comes together and is super sticky/moist, it’s
ready to go. press into a parchment-lined cake pan. wet your fingers
to shape, if necessary. this dough will be super sticky!
6. combine the ganache ingredients in a separate bowl. pour on top
of brownies. top with sea salt & slivered almonds. place in fridge
7. enjoy cold!!